Not sure if you’ve imported all the files from your camera?Seeing duplicates of files in Organizer?Rearranged your digital scrapbooking supplies and now your files can’t be opened from Organiser?
Reconnect all files and backup
The first step is to help Organizer find all the files you may have moved around on
- Press Ctrl+A to select all
- File Reconnect – All Missing Files
- This will take some time. If you can’t reconnect all the files, cancel out of the dialog and backup at least the ones you can find.
- Perform a Backup – follow the steps under File – Backup
This will backup all the files that are currently catalogued. I suggest backing up to an external hard drive.
Removing files on External Media from your Catalogue
If you find the Organizer had linked to the External Media (SD card) rather than importing your file onto your hard drive. If you don’t have the correct SD card in your computer, this will cause a disconnected file error.
- Remove the disconnected items from the catalog by right clicking on the thumbnail image and selecting Delete from Catalog
- Import the files from the SD card by going to File – Get Photos/Videos – From Camera or card reader
- Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the screen that appears
- Select the drive for your Camera/Card Reader
- Click the check box (tick) for each photo you want to import at this time
- On the right, browse to the folder you want to put the photos in
- Set up your subfolders as you prefer (I file by date captured)
- Under rename select custom name and type the name for the photos you are importing
- Click Get media
- You can then add these to albums and tag as needed
- To find the item on your computer and copy it over for printing go to the Properties panel (bottom right) and click the yellow folder icon
Backup your shiny new catalogue
Now you should backup your catalogue again. Perform a full backup and then after a while of using this new catalogue you should be able to go to your External Hard Drive and delete the old backup.
Want to learn more about Photoshop Elements Organizer?
Overwhelmed by Piles of Digital Scrapbooking Kits?
- Do you have piles of digital scrapbooking supplies?
- Do you have a mess of folders on your computer?
- Do you want to get organised quickly?
Join me to learn how to use Photoshop Elements Organizer to organise your digital scrapbooking supplies.
- Simple ways to organise your supplies – saving hours of your time!
- How to import your supplies into Photoshop Elements Organizer
- Time-saving, ready-made keyword tags to download
- Fast searching techniques that will help your complete layouts with the perfect supplies in no time!
This workshop includes:
- How to organize your digital scrapbooking supplies in Photoshop Elements Organizer
- All the links and handouts mentioned in the workshop
- BONUS Introduction to Photoshop Elements Organizer PDF
All this for just $20