Today I’m sharing a page from my little girl's album. We go back to school at the end of January for a new school year, but I thought I'd jump in with the Make it Monday girls to share this back to school layout from 2013. I love that I was brave enough to use that bold pattern - it really suits our little Emily's personality.
How I did it
- Choose a feature photo
- Choose a background paper
- Add a layer mask to the yellow paper so that only part of it shows. (I basically used the rule of thirds to keep 1/3 of the pattern showing on the right and strip on the left for balance.)
- Journal with the type tool and my handwriting font
- Create a journalling spot with white paper (using a mask)
- Add embellishments to balance out the colors and add interest
- Tape the photo down with washi tape
- Create a title with Anna Forrest's All in a Line Script & Action. (Demonstrated in this class)
- Add shadows
- Move the little banner around for 10 minutes!!
Emily was so excited to start homeschooling.We are doing Accelerated Christian Education’s Preschool with Ace & Christi.We studied two mornings a week in 2013 with some time off for visitors in July and our family reunion in September-October. In November Emily had lymphadenitis and was in hospital for two weeks. Thankfully we can be flexible around all these challenges.
Make it Monday
Alison hows a simple grid layout that leaves room for journaling those Kindergarten memories. See her page here.
Care to Share?
I’d love to see what you are working on this week. Do you have a layout or two to share? You can add a picture to the comments below.