Monica Bradford is an inspirational scrapbooker, who shares with the world at Scrap Inspired.
Monica is taking her school teaching experience to help us journal on our pages at True Scrap 4. Listen in to meet Monica and how she finds and uses inspiration.
Monica joined me to talk about:
- Using Pinterest to dip in when you need it
- Her Call me Maybe video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoW7ssgN4rI
- How her first grade teaching experience helps here tell more interesting stories
- Her Gratitude Documented class
- You may even hear Edward chatting in the background if you listen closely enough!
Monica's Top Tip for Inspiration
Use Pinterest as a holding place for your inspiration. Pin when you find something inspiring and then dig in when you are starting work on a project.
Monica's True Scrap Class
Former elementary school teacher Monica Bradford says, “All I really need to know about how to live and what to journal and how to write I learned in first grade. Meaningful pages are not at the top of the magazine mountain, but there in the picture pile on my scrap table.
These are the things I learned:
All I need is an idea and a #2 pencil to begin
Story is more important than perfect grammar
A good book can be a great example
Sentence starters are for everyone
If first graders can do this…so can I.”
Join Monica as she shares these tips and more as she helps you simplify your journaling.
More about Monica
Listen in for more from Monica - and register now to join Monica, me + over 300 scrapbookers and papercrafters at this awesome event!
What is True Scrap?
- Inspiration and Education from 15 A-list instructors…
- Five virtual project make-and-takes…
- All from YOUR computer!
- All for one low price… $147
A Little Incentive
If you want to join in for True Scrap 4 - I've got a special deal just for you!
Sign up to True Scrap and receive my Photo Fixes for Real People photo editing workshop as a BONUS gift (valued at $20). Get your photos looking great with just a few quick edits and get onto the scrapbooking in no time.
Enjoy the Podcast?
- Capturing portraits with Katrina Kennedy
- Step away from the computer with Lynnette Penacho
- Everyday Storyteller: I do things backwards!
- How to Finish What You Start: Free Snippet
- Scrapbooking when you are busy
- Learn to turn your house into a home with the Midas touch
- A Photoshop "Cheat" shares her Secrets
- Meet happiest scrapbooker in the world
- Dip into a well of Endless Inspiration Secrets with a Prolific Crafter
- Meet the photography teacher who launched her new career on a bus!