It's time for another season of the Scrapbooking Podcast! This episode marks the beginning of a new series all about my favorite tools and techniques for all things scrapbooking. It's probably no surprise the first episode will be covering Photoshop Elements.
Listen in as I declare my undying love for Photoshop Elements!
My apologies for the audio on this episode, I will try to improve this in future podcasts. But I think you'll still find the information helpful.
Photoshop Elements Links and Notes
Start with a class!
Which one is you?
- I've never used Photoshop Elements before: Photo Editing for Absolute Beginners
- I want to learn to scrapbook: Digital Scrapbooking for Absolute Beginners
- I want to design my own pages: Digiscrap from Scratch
- I want to get my photos organized: Get Organized Photos
- I want to get my supplies organized: Get Organized Supplies
Why you will love Photoshop Elements
- In the Organizer Adobe has paid attention to how people like to organize. They like to know who is in the photo, where it was taken, and what they were doing.
- Face Recognition is now faster, and more user-friendly.
- Places View is also improved. With so many cell phone photos the GPS location is included in the meta data of those photos. That data is automatically added to the map in Places View
- The Events Room using a sorting algorithm that looks for clusters of photos that were taken around the same date and time. That helps you quickly create an event inside the organizer.
- Photoshop Elements Editor has a diverse audience, as far as skill set goes. To address this PSE has the Expert Mode, Guided Edit Mode, and the Quick Edit Mode.
- In Quick Edit Mode you can apply instant effects to your photos. Similar to Instagram. With Smart Looks the photo is analyzed and you get the top 5 effects that will look best with that particular photo.
- In Guided Edit Mode they added 2 new edits. First one is Resize. This will allow you to resize for printing or resize for the web. The second one is Speed which makes it really easy to add a motion blur to your photo.
- In Expert Mode several new features were added. One really popular one is the Haze Remover. The moisture in the air is captured and can become hazy in the distance. This feature can determine which parts of the photo are hazy and which parts are not, and removes the haze. Shake reduction was also added. This feature will help turn your shaky selfie into a steady shot.
- You pay once and use it forever!
- There's lots of help around here for PSE users.
Comment with your questions!
I'd love to help you with your scrapping dilemmas so leave me a comment and I'll try to cover a tool or technique that will help you in an upcoming episode.
Enjoy the Podcast? Subscribe for Free