For the past several years I've been following along with Cathy Zielske's 30 Days of Thankful, blogging daily in November. Up till now, I've not scrapbooked or done more than just leave the blog posts online. Since this was the second thankfulness project I've been inspired to do this year, I think it is time to pull them all together.
Debbie Hodge's Curated Albums class has got me thinking about how I can display my scrapbook pages in albums and that's got me itching to collate all of my thankful posts and layouts into an album. Note, I said collate, not created. So I'm browsing through my completed layouts and putting together a collection of pages that suit the theme.
No album is complete without an album cover, so a spent a little time putting together this fun cover for our book.
- Set up a simple vertical line on my page with some lace and let the title be the cross bar.
- Pull in all the embellishments and went to town. It was just fun to play with all the pretty things!
- Used a banner piece to help spread the colors across the whole page
- Have fun shadowing too.
- Used the color picker to match the title with the dark grey from the rub on in the kit.
The album so far
I've not yet created pages from my blog posts in 2012, or 2014. In 2013, November was all about surviving, as our little girl was in hospital and I was will with morning sickness. But in September this year, I did another 30 days of thankful. So I think I'll be making some list pages with photos for each of these months.
As for the rest of the album, I want to include the pages I've written on thankfulness. You can see the pages I'm including here:
Make it Monday
If you are keen to create, you'll want to see Jen's new template with a thanksgiving theme! Follow along with the hop and be inspired to create.
Care to Share?
I’d love to see what you are working on this week. Do you have a layout or two to share? You can add a picture to the comments below.
PS Here's the rest of the Make it Monday hop:
- Connie turns Thanksgiving place cards into gratitude keepsake + hostess gift!
- Watch Kristie Sloan create little paper house gift boxes for Thanksgiving treats
- Jen Wright is sharing a new template with a thanksgiving theme
- Gina is making place cards from Corrugated cardboard
- Beth is sharing how to make a mini Thanksgiving folio album