Jen Funk Weber from Funk & Weber Designs joins me as we continue this season of the Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast.
Hi I'm Jen Funk Weber! I learned to embroider about the time I learned to read. I also learned to sew, thanks to a crafty mother and an unattended sewing machine. Barbie clothes and furnishings were my first specialty.
As a member of the 4-H Sewing Club, I began designing clothes and crafts, cutting patterns from taped-together newspaper. I took up embroidery again while winter care-taking for remote lodges in Alaska. Ribbons won at the State Fair called attention to the designs and led to requests for patterns which led to Funk & Weber Designs. Together, my husband Mike and I create colorful (usually), playful patterns that bring together our love of nature, wildlife, puzzles, and subtleties.
In addition to print and digital patterns, Funk & Weber Designs offers online stitching and finishing classes.
Listen in as we chat about the upcoming Christmas season and her contribution to the Creative Christmas bundle.
Jen's December Top Tip
We all have routine things we do at this time of year. Pick one thing and mix it up! Doing the same things over and over can get boring and sap your creativity. Change things up to reinstate the creative fun!
Let There Be Night
In the Creative Christmas Bundle, Funk & Weber Designs presents two black-and-white silhouette cross stitch patterns for the holiday: Silent Night and The Night Before Christmas.
Want to learn more about the Creative Christmas Bundle? Click here
Enjoy the Podcast? Subscribe for Free
Subscribe to the Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast on iTunes now
Listen to More Episodes Now:
- Create Your Christmas with Cara Vincens
- December Dreaming with Margareta Carlsson
- Storytelling with Suzy Q Designs
- Why I Scrapbook: Katrina Kennedy
- Why I Scrapbook: Margareta Carlsson
- Why I Scrapbook: Lain Ehmann
- Why I Scrapbook: Monica Bradford
- Whispers of a new way to Scrap: How Cara got her mojo back
- My latest scrappy binge
- Never Download Photos Again!
- Inspire yourself
- December Daily
- A walk through my albums
- Craft with Kelleigh Ratzlaff Papercraft Template Designer
- Scrap Inspired with Monica Bradford
- Capturing portraits with Katrina Kennedy
- Step away from the computer with Lynnette Penacho
- Everyday Storyteller: I do things backwards!
- How to Finish What You Start: Free Snippet
- Scrapbooking when you are busy
- Learn to turn your house into a home with the Midas touch
- A Photoshop "Cheat" shares her Secrets
- Meet happiest scrapbooker in the world
- Dip into a well of Endless Inspiration Secrets with a Prolific Crafter
- Meet the photography teacher who launched her new career on a bus!