Cara Vincens from the Hooting Pirate joins me for the next episode of the Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast.
Hi, I’m Cara, I’m a Canucklehead (Nova Scotia) living in Luxembourg with my tall, dark and hot hubby. He’s French and the reason I came here in the first place. Wouldn’t we all do anything for love? Though, it’s not like he had to twist my rubber arm to come to this fairy tale land, we love Luxie! We have 6 children… nope, not a typo! And only one of those is a girl As you can imagine, she’s a spitfire.
As far as crafting goes, I’m a mixed media artist and I do a lot of paper crafts but I absolutely love scrapbooking. I love every single moment of the process, from the stories (oh, how I love to tell a good story!) and the photos, to the design, techniques and product (who can resist all those gorgeous products!). I love bright, happy colours, lots of white and lots of white space and lots of layers and clusters!
My first love was sewing, and I can usually incorporate it into my scrapbooks. Sometimes however, my cheating heart strays… it’s usually as Carnaval approaches and all those fabulous costumes are tempting me. I get that itch to sew on fabric (gasp!)… and I cheat on Scrapbooking, but she always takes me back
Listen in as we chat to about our planner evolution and how we use planners to organize our lives.
Links discussed in this episode:
Cara's Take-Away Tip
We tend to think we can get more done in a day than we really can. Put some breathing room into your schedule. If you think something will take 15 min schedule 30 for yourself. Allow yourself some space to get things done and breathe.
Practically Perfect Planners
Cara has a brand new class that will help you get planning in 2015! Customize a planner to work perfectly for you!
Want to learn more about Cara's Practically Perfect Planner class? Click Here
Enjoy the Podcast? Subscribe for Free
Subscribe to the Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast on iTunes now
Listen to More Episodes Now:
- Heartfelt Photo Gifts with Jackie Lyals
- Scrap Your Phone Photos with Beth Soler
- Go on an Art Journaling Adventure with Kristie Sloan
- Pocket Sized Advent Fun with Jen Wright
- Make Family Memories with Connie Hanks
- Fill Your Calendar with Flowers with Karen Fitting
- A Festive Printable DigiPack with Margareta Carlsson
- Cute Christmas Cuts with Alison Day
- Santa’s Helpers with Lisa Harris
- Upcycle Your Christmas with Gina Zee
- Save the Date this Christmas with Cassel
- Creative Christmas Fun with Jen Funk Weber
- Create Your Christmas with Cara Vincens
- December Dreaming with Margareta Carlsson
- Storytelling with Suzy Q Designs
- Why I Scrapbook: Katrina Kennedy
- Why I Scrapbook: Margareta Carlsson
- Why I Scrapbook: Lain Ehmann
- Why I Scrapbook: Monica Bradford
- Whispers of a new way to Scrap: How Cara got her mojo back
- My latest scrappy binge
- Never Download Photos Again!
- Inspire yourself
- December Daily
- A walk through my albums
- Craft with Kelleigh Ratzlaff Papercraft Template Designer
- Scrap Inspired with Monica Bradford
- Capturing portraits with Katrina Kennedy
- Step away from the computer with Lynnette Penacho
- Everyday Storyteller: I do things backwards!
- How to Finish What You Start: Free Snippet
- Scrapbooking when you are busy
- Learn to turn your house into a home with the Midas touch
- A Photoshop "Cheat" shares her Secrets
- Meet happiest scrapbooker in the world
- Dip into a well of Endless Inspiration Secrets with a Prolific Crafter
- Meet the photography teacher who launched her new career on a bus!