It's time for another episode of my favorite things! In this season of the Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast I'm sharing my favorite tools, programs and communities for scrapbooking.
Today, Alice Boll joins me to talk about ScrapHappy, a wonderful online group of scrapbookers.
Alice is a Canadian scrapbooker, eh! She loves to travel and to share tips, tricks and techniques to help other scrappers share their memories in a creative way. She is on a quest to make scrapbooking fun!
Scrap Happy Show Notes
One of my favorite things about scrapbooking is the community. I don't hang around with many scrapbookers in my day to day life, which is why I love online communities. Scrap Happy is one of those communities that makes my scrapbooking better.
- Scrap Happy is membership group that is more like a family. Connect together online with others over a shared love of scrapbooking.
- Scrap Happy can help motivate you to find the time to get your scrapbooking done and your stories told.
- There are 3 yearly events that help you actually get pages done. Layout a Day, or LOAD, can help you get so much of your scrapbooking done for the year.
- A community of people that supports you and comments on your layouts makes you feel great about creating. It can be so motivating!
- The LOAD theme for February 2018 will be "Choose Your Own Scrapbook Adventure". It will be filled with fun prompts and daily challenges to help you decide what your layout will be about.
- Scrap Happy has monthly sketches to use for inspiration (PSD file included). Sometimes there are even prizes!
- There are live events monthly. Things like "Happy Hour" are a great way to connect regularly. Alice also does a Scrapbook Live event monthly. Watch her scrap in real time!
- Scrap Happy membership for your first year is $149. With each LOAD costing $50, you pay for the membership just with the 3 LOAD challenges, and there is so much more offered. There is a 30 day money back guarantee if you try it and feel like the group is not for you. After the first year it's a $99 renewal fee.
- BUT if you sign up in the next 30 days you can use the code INSPIRATION10 you will save 10% on a new membership!
- If you'd like to dip your feet in the Scrap Happy water with February 2018's LOAD you can use the code DELIGHT15 to save $15 on your registration. Be sure to use by the end of 2017!
When you start with a story prompt, the hard part of scrapbooking is already done. Then you can go find your pictures based on that prompt. Working this way makes things go much more quickly. You will find that you tell stories you never would have thought to tell otherwise!
Enjoy the Podcast? Subscribe for Free
- Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast: Scrap Happy
- Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast: Photoshop Elements Organizer
- Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast: Cloud Backup
- Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast: Get Totally Rad Photos with Radlab
- Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast: Rescue your Slides with Forever Media Conversion
- Forever Storage for your Family's Photos
- Scrapbooking Inspiration Podcast: Photoshop Elements
- Calvinball 2016
- Scrapbook Christmas in January with Alice Boll
- Creative Christmas Bundle 2015 with Lisa Harris