Ali Edwards' Week in the Life always seems to come at a busy time for me. But then I think, why not document that too?
I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and would love to document this upcoming week, the last of our family of three. Last year I completed my Week in the Life on my personal blog but never got the album made. I am happy to say that I've got all the documentation and photos stored and ready for when I do want to scrap it though!
My plan for Week in the Life
I'm thinking of using simple photo collage pages along with written notes and memorabilia.
I'll still be following outline of what to do from Ali:
- Photos will be taken on our Canon IXSUS and iPhone 4S
- Photos will be processed in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (after the baby is born!)
- Journalling will come from my Memory Logbook and Ali's Daily Sheets
- Stuff of life will be stored in my Kikki-K magazine holder
- I’m going to photo pages digitally and then combine that with the paper stuff I’ve collected during the week.
- When I come to create the album, I’m thinking of creating a home made 8x8 album with my Bind-it-all haul - in face I might combine both the 2011 and 2012 attempts into the same one.
I’ll be using Daily Sheets for 2012, in fact my main aim is to just fill these out and get things documented at this time.
I’ve recently realised that square photo spots in templates don’t work for me, so I’ve shopping my stash to find some with more traditional shape photos. I’m planning for4-6 photos a day. Honestly, I can’t see myself taking lots of photos this week but I'm keen to at least document it in writing. Want to go more digi? Check out Jennifer’s digital tips for week in the life.
I’m thinking of going with one of the huge collab kits available for the Digi Game subscribers for my digital pages and to print as background papers for my hybrid/memorabilia pages.
You can follow along on in many places and share your work:
Big Picture Classes Free Week In The Life Community – includes message boards and gallery (and archives from last year for additional inspiration)
TWITTER | #weekinthelife
INSTAGRAM | #weekinthelife
Have you got any plans for week in the life?
PS want to get a hold of those kits?